Followers

Friday, January 8, 2016

1955 Tidbits




   Mother is an avid hockey fan during the season, more so at play off times. It was that time of the year. I came home from work one evening and asked the routine question. (Jimmy was inclined to be noisy and restless.)"Was Jimmy good at the table? “Not too bad," said mother calmly. "He was only in the penalty box twice."

   Mrs. Kleiber is our part time housekeeper. A lovely lady. She and her husband had emigrated from Austria after World War II. She was very lonesome. She lamented not receiving mail from home."Why do I pay four dollar for a mailbox when nobody will sign their name to anything for me find in it?"




Another lament: "My husband want to sell his wedding suit. Too small, he say. No good for wearing. You do not sell that suit, 1 tell him! That suit it is me. I am in it. That suit hang in the closet!"

No comments:

Post a Comment