Followers

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

1987 Pine Island July 16 Thursday

1987 July 16 Pine Island

    It is Thursday; Michael and Donna brought Kyle down from his sailing lessons yesterday evening and we had a lovely evening. Michael took us in stages in the boat over to the island, and I saw where the children swim close up. A beautiful place, blueberries, moss in the cracks in the rocks, the smooth smooth rock slanting down into the water, pine trees crowning the rocky islands. There are four islands- I felt as if I was standing in a Group of Seven painting.
    The morning was relaxing and fun. Steven kept the motor warm going swimming and taking Michael, Kyle, Joanna and Rachel, for rides in the boat.
     I walked almost to the highway picking raspberries. The girls played with their dolls, brushing their hair, dressing and undressing them, wrapping them in blankets and took them for a walk along the road behind the cottages. It is a breezy sunny day. I am waiting for Wilf to relieve me so I can take Kyle into his sailing lessons, and Michael in, as he is going to a baseball tournament in Oakville. Brendon is driving with Mary Jane and his friend Kirk is going too. The teens now need company!
     I trust that Christina is alone this weekend. I have had enough of Kristine Stortini for a while. Christina is much affected by her, belittles everyone and everything when they are together. The only important thing in Kristine's life right now is 17 and 18-year-old boys, her own age boys, Brendon and his friends, are much too tame for her.
    I am going to have to leave Steven in charge because Wilf isn't here. I didn't expect him to be on time, but I had hoped he wouldn't be this late. He will say I didn't give him the right time.

    Suzanne is off for the weekend, she bought jazzy sports Honda Prelude that she brought, down for the children's approval. Says she might get it in white, it is red and has a sunroof. Here is Wilf! 

No comments:

Post a Comment